09 December 2011

Tiny Tree!

I made this quite a while ago, but never got around to photographing it until now.  I'm not entirely sure what to do with it, except maybe knit up other trees and things to make a knit train scene, as its almost right for N-scale, which I'm pretty sure my dad still has my old train set stored away somewhere.  How amusing it would be to remake in fibery glory.

Seriously.

Tiniest Tree

I didn't intend to knit this so tiny.  It was supposed to be a tree much larger, but I stopped when I got this far because it was too cute to make any larger.  I used my knitting notes for conifers, as I posted back a while, and nothing fancy when it came to increasing.  I don't even remember what the yarn is, but I do remember buying it at Fibers Etc in Tacoma, when I was talking to one of the ladies about knitting i-cord bracelets from narrow satin ribbons and she suggested I try it with the super cool yarn with sequins embedded.  Somehow, it never really clicked for me when I tried, but as soon as I started the tree, I knew I'd made the right connection.

I'll have to take a better photo sometime, but this will do for now.  I have a new pattern to post in the next month, when I finish editing the notes.

1 comment: